The Public Market continues to grow. They recently opened a new fruit stand, and they are attracting more and more customers each day. These are people who believe in a circular economy and trust our local, high-quality products.
As is tradition, the Public Market’s Trader Association has programmed various Christmas activities, with special measures being taken due to the ongoing pandemic. They have cancelled the most crowded events, and seek to reward their loyal customers with a large Christmas raffle and free workshops with limited capacity. Council member Yolanda Santos has stated, “Our goal is to raise awareness of the importance of choosing local, as it is the key to our circular economy. When buying at the Public Market you are giving back to the community. It is also about our standards, as all products offered here are healthy and of high quality. It is our pride, and the people of Soria are becoming more aware of this with each passing day''.
Regarding this year’s holiday activities, Public Market representative Jorge López explained that all sanitation and distancing measures would be enforced. He also announced that they would raffle a basket valued at 900 euros. Shoppers will be given a raffle ticket for every 10 euros spent, or every 5 euros at the bakery. Additionally, for every three tickets purchased, customers can take part in one of the free workshops. Finally, on the morning of the 24th, Father Christmas will come to town to receive letters from the children.
Jorge López further explained, "We are confident in this year’s sales, and are performing better than in previous years. We have also noticed that more consumers are looking to buy local and we are seeing younger shoppers as well". The hours for pre-holiday shopping will be extended during the four days prior to Christmas to facilitate distancing amongst consumers.
CHRISTMAS CENTERPIECE WORKSHOP
- 15 December from 5.30 to 7.30 pm
- 22 December from 5.30 to 7.30 pm
Workshops are FREE. Sign up early at stands nº 11 or 15.
To sign up for the 'Christmas Centrepiece Workshops' you must present 3 purchase tickets from any of the Market’s stalls.
FATHER CHRISTMAS’ VISIT
- 24 December from 11 am to 1 pm
RAFFLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. DESCRIPTION: The Public Market Traders' Association (ASOCOMM), with the aim of rewarding its loyal customers, and as part of the 2020 Christmas campaign, will raffle a LARGE CHRISTMAS BASKET, according to these Terms and Conditions.
2. PRIZE: The raffle prize will be a LARGE CHRISTMAS BASKET valued at 900 euros, containing many products such as meat, fish, cheese, fresh produce, baked goods, delicatessen, casseroles, and more, all from the different Market stalls. The prize will be given in the form of purchasing cheques to be redeemed for the amounts established by each vendor. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered. The prize will be awarded to the winner under the conditions hereby described, and there will be no further obligations other than those established in these Terms and Conditions.
3. TICKETS: A limited number of raffle tickets will become available from 5 December 2020, until out of stock. Shoppers will be given a raffle ticket for every 10 euros spent at any of the stalls, or for every 5 euros spent at the bakery. Every ticket has a space for the participant to fill in his/her FULL NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER. Tickets deemed incomplete or illegible may be excluded from the raffle draw.
4. ELIGIBILITY: In order to participate in the raffle draw, you must be of legal age. You then must fill-in the tickets (as described above), and deposit them into the ballot box at the Public Market. Note: Stall vendors, their spouses and immediate family are not eligible for participating.
5. TIME LIMITS: The deadline for entering the raffle is from December 5th through the 22nd, 2020.
6. DRAW: The prize draw will take place on December 23rd at 5.30 pm at the Public Market. 3 tickets will be drawn. There will be one prize winner, and two alternates in case of a no-show.
7. PRIZE CEREMONY: The winner must be present at the Public Market on the date and time indicated for the award ceremony. Once the prize has been awarded, no claim may be made for any reason. The prize cheques may be redeemed for goods at the market stalls, from the time they were given until February 28th, 2021.